Friday, 3 September 2010

Visa Information

Visa Information Open Work Authorisation Visa
How long is the visa valid for? 12 Months from the date of entry to Canada
Which nationalities can apply? British passport holder
How long can I work for? Up to 12 months (for 1 or more employer)
Does the visa allow multiple entries? Yes
Where can I work? Take seasonal jobs anywhere in Canada or you can organise career related work.
Do I have to pre-arrange my job? ** No
Age 18-30 (inclusive) at time of visa application
Over 30 years old?
Work New Zealand Essentials offers an exclusive IEP Work Exchange Visa, allowing anyone aged 18-35 to work and travel New Zealand for up to 12 months.
Do I have to be residing in the UK at time of visa application? No, but the Canadian High Commission reserve the right to call you to London for an interview or request additional information if required. Applicants should be habitual residents of the the UK since age 18 and not have spent more than 3 cumulative years abroad since age 18.
What support funds do I need? £550 minimum on entry to Canada
I have a child can I go to Canada? No, you would not be eligible as applicants who have dependents are not eligible for this visa.
Can I bring my partner? Restrictions apply – If your partner is not also applying please contact BUNAC
How much does this visa cost? £100/CAD$150
Is there anything else that will help me decide? This flexible visa is only available through BUNAC
How many visas can I have in my lifetime? You may participate repeatedly on the student programme for as long as you are eligible. You can only participate on the non-student programme once.
I'm in Canada at present working can I apply? If you have a current work permit for Canada then you cannot submit a visa application through BUNAC's Work Canada programme until your current permit has ended, if this will be after 30th September 2010 then you cannot apply.

1 comment: